The History of St. Mary's Church

History Mary, Mother of Hope Parish and St. Mary's Church has a long and interesting history. Guided by the Holy Spirit, our parish has been an integral part of New Castle, Pennsylvania since 1852.

The most important thing to remember is that our parish history is a living history. Our parish is a living people who owe much to the past while holding a firm and positive view of the years to come. With God's help we can continue the work that has been handed down to us - continuing to be a sign of his presence in our world.

60th Anniversary History of St. Mary's Church

St. Mary's HistoryNew Castle, the County Seat of Lawrence County, Pennsylvannia, is situated on the Shenango River, at its junction with Neshannock Creek, and is on the line of the Erie and Pittsburgh Rail Road, 50 miles north-west of the latter City. The Town was laid out about the year 1800, but owes its importance to the construction of the Beaver Canal, which traverses the Valley and which was opened in 1832.

View the History of St. Mary's Church – 60th Anniversary

Wicks Opus 4497 Organ

Wicks Opus 4497In January 2005, Wicks Opus 4497 left Highland, Illinois, for the second time. The organ was built and designed in 1965 for Sacred Heart Cathedral in Rochester, New York, and originally represented a bold new step in design and tonal philosophy for the Wicks Company.

View the history of our Wicks Opus 4497 organ.

Of Interest…
Get Directions Image Gallery Portraits of Mary

Mary, Mother of Hope Parish
124 North Beaver Street
New Castle, PA 16101
724-658-2564

www.catholicnewcastle.org